The book was designed to help people who have no sense of purpose of life to find purpose and meaning in life.
In page 9 it reads, "This is more than a book; it is a guide to a 40-day spiritual journey that will enable you to discover the answer to life's most important question: What on earth am I here for? By the end of this journey you will know God's purpose for your life and will understand the big picture - how all the pieces of your life fit together. Having this perspective will reduce your stress, simplify your decisions, increase your satisfaction, and more important, prepare you for eternity."
There are forty chapters in this book which the author strongly urges readers to read for the period of forty days. In fact, he urges readers to sign a covenant at the start to do it. And why forty days? Because the author attaches a spiritual significance to forty days.
Still in page 9, "The Bible is clear that God considers 40 days a spiritually significant time period. Whenever God wanted to prepare someone for his purpose, he took 40 days." Then he alleges examples of this. And he says, "The next 40 days will transform your life."
The book is divided into 6 parts:
- What On Earth Am I Here For? - 7 studies for 7 days.
- Purpose # 1: You Were Planned for God's Pleasure - 7 studies for 7 days.
- Purpose # 2: You Were Formed for God's Family - 7 studies for 7 days.
- Purpose # 3: You Were Created to Become Like Christ - 7 studies for 7 days.
- Purpose # 4: You Were Shaped for Serving God - 7 studies for 7 days
- Purpose # 5: You Were Made for a Mission - 5 studies for 5 days.